Apr 6, 2009 11:58pm
Re: copyright on these films? (modified list)
* The Story of the Concierge Mukuzo Imokawa (1917) PD (but check music/titles)
* The Romance of Tarzan (1918) PD (but check tiles/music)
* Salomé (1923) PD
* Bulldog Drumond (1929) Copyright renewed R175568
* The Road to Ruin (1934) PD
* Murder in Harlem (1935) PD
* Robinson Crusoe of Clipper Island (1936) PD
* Swing! (1938) Never reg'd PD
* The Terror of Tiny Town (1938) PD
* The Phantom Creeps (1939) PD
* The Notorious Elinor Lee (1940) Never reg'd/PD
* Batman (1943) Copyright Protected by virtue of Trademarks.
* Momotaro's Sea Eagles (1943 - foreign but propoganda) Most recent Japanese High Court ruling suggests that this would still be under copyright in it's home country.
* Bleubeard (1944) PD
* Captain America (1944) Copyright prtected by virtue of Trademarks
* Delinquent Daughters (1944) PD
* Of One Blood (1944) Never reg'd (PD)
* Momotaro's Divine Sea Warriors (1945 - foreign but propoganda) Most recent Japanese High Court ruling suggests that this would still be under copyright in it's home country.
* Beale Street Mama (1946) never reg'd (PD)
* Dirty Gertie from Harlem U.S.A. (1946) never reg'd (PD)
* Boy! What a Girl! (1947) PD
* Railroaded! (1947)Renewed R599793
* Juke Joint (1947) never reg'd (PD)
* Sepia Cinderella (1947) never reg'd (PD)
* Dutch in Seven Lessons (1948 - Foreign but infromercion goals/travelfilm)** Under dutch law life plus 70 so probably copyright so not until at least 2058.
* Test Tube Babies (1948) PD
* The Girl in Room 20 (1949) never reg'd (PD)
* She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949) Renewed R637955 (1976)
* Chained For Life (1951) PD
* The Well (1951)Renewed RE0000040756 / 1979-12-17
* Mesa of Lost Women (1953) PD
* Stamp Day for Superman (1954) Government film PD Already on IA http://www.archive.org/details/StampDayForSUPERMAN
* God's Little Acre (1958) Renewed RE0000304495 / 1986-09-25
* Hag in a Black Leather Jacket (1964) Copyright to John Waters as are all of his early films.
* The Ballad of Andy Crocker (1969) invalid notice + never reg'd (PD)
* Moon of the Wolf (1972) invalid notice + never reg'd (PD)
* They Eat Scum (1979) never reg'd. if it doesn't have a valid notice (Copyright, Year, Owner) it is PD. If it does it is copyright